Potty Training Site Blog

Potty training tips and tricks. How to handle your potty training problems and frustrations. Discover the fastest, easiest most effective method for ending your potty training problems and frustration. This blog is about my adventures in potty training toddlers. Toilet training problems can be handled just like any other developmental situation. Kids pee, kids poop in pants, but is all just another mark on the potty training chart.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Potty training problems (and how to deal with them)

Potty training problems  are normal during the potty training process. You are not alone if you are going through a challenging time trying to potty train your child.

I often meet parents who are at wits end with potty training. They have tried everything from treats, toys, stickers and even bribery to no avail. When you are at wits end it is time to place potty training on hold for awhile.

Everyone needs to gather their composure back and allow time to relax. When your child begins to show some interest in the potty again and you feel you are ready to do it again then go for it.

Your child picks up on when you are feeling stressed, anxious, anxious, frustrated or upset. As a parent myself, I understand there are times when not so great issues arrise. Moving, loss or gain of a job, expecting a new baby or any other transitions will affect your child. 

Comforting and praising them during these times of change is the best thing you can do for your child. There are so many parents who are expecting a baby very soon and want to push the potty training process into warp speed. However, your child may not be ready for the process and begin to rebel. Sit down, relax and write down what you want for your child, as a goal sheet. Place positive feelings into what you are writing. When you feel completely confident in beginning the process and your child is also ready then it is time.

Labels: , ,



Bookmarkz

2 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Anonymous hafizah said…

    I read about those methods to potty train in a week - and some even claim their method work in a day. I'm not sure about their claim but I agree with you that potty training process involves lots of frustration and patience.. all your hard work will repay somehow.. all you need is patience.. it took me quite sometime to potty train my daughter and she is finally potty trained at 2 and a half year old

     
  • At 4:38 PM, Anonymous RockstarMama said…

    What a cool site! Wish I'd seen it a few months ago when I was potty training my twins. Your advice is much better than the "advice" I got from my doctor's office!!

    http://rockstarmamaonline.com/theblog/?p=209

     

Post a Comment

<< Home